Schedule Of Payment | An Architect Explains

Schedule Of Payment | An Architect Explains

The architect’s fee is usually paid out in installments, at various stages typically coinciding with project milestones such as Initial Design (20% of total fees payable), Developed Design (35% of total fees payable), Working drawings (45% of total fees payable), start of Construction (65% of total fees payable) and the remaining 35% of the total fees is paid during the construction, at different stages consistent with the work done at site. At the outset the Client and the Architect should agree on these staged payments.

Architect-with-clients-

WHAT ARE THE STAGES OF PAYMENT OF FEES TO AN ARCHITECT, IN INDIA?


CLIENTS BRIEF: On appointment and signing of Agreement – Rs 30,000/- or 5% of total fees payable, adjustable at the last stage, based on the Rough estimate of cost.

CONCEPT DESIGN: On submitting Conceptual designs and Rough estimate – 10% of total fees payable, based on the Rough estimate of Cost.

PRELIMINARY DESIGN AND DRAWINGS: On submitting the required Preliminary Scheme for the Client’s approval along with the Preliminary Estimate of cost – 20% of total fees payable, less payment already made, based on Preliminary estimate of cost.

DEVELOPED DESIGN AND DRAWINGS FOR APPROVALS: On incorporating Clients suggestions and submitting drawings for approval from the Client/Statutory Bodies – 35% of total fees payable, less payment already made, based on Preliminary estimate of cost.

WORKING DRAWINGS AND TENDER DOCUMENTS: On preparation of working drawings, specifications, schedule of quantities, estimate, and tender documents – 45% of total fees payable, less payment already made, based on Preliminary estimate of cost.

APPOINTMENT OF CONTRACTORS: On inviting, receiving and analyzing tenders and advising the Client on appointment of Contractors – 55% of the total fees payable, less payment already made, based on accepted Tender cost.contractorCONSTRUCTION: On submitting Working Drawings and details required for commencement of Work at site: 65% of total fees payable, less payment already made, based on accepted Tender cost.

ON COMPLETION OF 20% OF WORK: This will be after the centre line and foundation stage. 70% of total fees payable, less payment already made, based on accepted Tender cost.

ON COMPLETION OF 40% OF WORK: For example, after casting of Ground floor slab. 75% of total fees payable, less payment already made, based on accepted Tender cost.

ON COMPLETION OF 60% OF WORK: Probably, after casting of First floor slab. 80% of total fees payable, less payment already made, based on accepted Tender cost.

ON COMPLETION OF 80% OF WORK: During electrical and plumbing stage. 85% of total fees payable, less payment already made, based on accepted Tender cost.

ON COMPLETION OF 90% OF WORK: After plastering. 90% of total fees payable, less payment already made, based on accepted Tender cost.

COMPLETION: On submitting Completion Report and drawings for the project required in obtaining Completion / Occupation Certificate from Statutory Authorities and on issue of as-built drawings – 100% of total fees payable, less Retainer & payment already made, based on Actual total cost.

If you found this post useful, I would really love it if you pin it or share it. I have not blocked the site just because your ad blocker is switched on because I hope my content will be useful to you. But I am able to run this site only because of the ads. So I will be obliged if you turn off your ad blocker. Thank you!

Also read about:

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *