Vastu Shastra, an ancient Indian science for designing and building, unifies science, art, astronomy and astrology. The goal of Vastu Shastra is to restore the balance between buildings and the universe so as to make the lives of the inmates better.
The surprising thing is that Vastu Shastra principles are applicable even today, though ancient India has changed from a largely agricultural society to an urban one. This is because the Scientific Vastu factors that impact humans namely the elements of Nature, Sun’s effects, Earth’s magnetic field, cardinal directions and Earth’s energy (Prana) have not changed over the centuries and Vaastu Shastra is essentially the science of manipulating the above-mentioned Vastu factors in a building, so that they are in harmony, which in turn will make the lives of the inmates happy and peaceful.
As an Architect, I have realised that these Vastu Shastra guidelines are wholly based on scientific principles and are very similar to the basic design rules that we are taught in Architecture school. So I have collated all the Vastu guidelines regarding the ‘designing of a house’ under the following three headings. I have attempted to explain each of these guidelines rationally and scientifically so that you have a choice and can decide what you want to follow or don’t instead of looking at Vastu as a superstition:
- SELECTION OF A SITE
- APPLYING VASTU SHASTRA PRINCIPLES
- VASTU SHASTRA DESIGN OF A HOUSE
1. Scientific Vastu Guidelines For Selecting The Right Site: is very important since the Site represents a fixed form, that will radiate positive as well as negative energies depending on its location, orientation, shape, slope and soil quality. Listed here are the five most important factors to be considered while selecting a Site.
- Scientific Vastu Guidelines | Location Of Site
- Scientific Vastu Guidelines | Site Shape
- Scientific Vastu Guidelines | Site Soil
- Scientific Vastu Guidelines | Site Slope
- Scientific Vastu Guidelines | Site Orientation
2. Scientific Vastu Shastra Principles For A House: are a guide for designing and planning a proportionate, aesthetic and beautiful building with the right measurements and are very similar to the principles of Architecture taught in Architectural colleges all over the world today. Listed here are five important Vastu principles that can help elevate the appearance of your house.
- Scientific Vastu Principles | Site orientation – also called Diknirnaya.
- Scientific Vastu Principles | Site planning – also known as Vaastu Purusha Mandala.
- Scientific Vastu Principles | Proportions of the building – also known as Maana.
- Scientific Vastu Principles | Dimensions of the building– also called Aayadi
- Scientific Vastu Principles | Aesthetics of the building – also known as Chanda.
3. Scientific Vastu Plan of A House: Vastu Shastra lays down guidelines on the ‘design, location, direction and disposition of the Interior and Exterior spaces of a House’ so that the inmates derive maximum benefit from the natural elements and are protected from their harmful effects. Listed here are the Vastu guidelines for all the interior rooms and exterior spaces that encompass a house.
Vastu guidelines for the rooms of a house:
- Scientific Vastu For Verandah
- Scientific Vastu For Entrance Door
- Scientific vastu For Living Room
- Scientific Vastu For Puja Room
- Scientific Vastu For Dining Room
- Scientific Vastu For Kitchen
- Scientific Vastu For Bedroom
- Scientific Vastu For Study Room
- Scientific Vastu For Home Office
- Scientific Vastu For Toilet/ Bathroom
- Scientific Vastu For Balcony
- Scientific Vastu For Staircase
- Scientific Vastu For Store Room
- Scientific Vastu For Upper Floors
- Scientific Vastu For Doors And Windows
Vastu Guidelines for the Interiors of a house:
- Scientific Vastu For Interiors Of A Home
- Scientific Vastu For Colours of A House
- Scientific Vastu For Choosing The Right Colours
- Scientific Vastu For Colour Therapy
Vastu Guidelines for the exterior spaces of a house:
- Scientific Vastu For Gates
- Scientific Vastu For Trees And Plants
- Scientific Vastu For Kitchen Backyard
- Scientific Vastu For Car Porch/Garage
- Scientific Vastu For Basement
- Scientific Vastu For Overhead Tank
- Scientific Vastu For Renting Out
These guidelines are based on scientific reasoning and common sense and when applied correctly create well-lit, well-ventilated, spacious, aesthetic, and well-designed rooms and House. A properly designed House will naturally create ‘contentment’, ‘peace’ and ‘serenity’ for the inmates and the Owner will be proud of and happy to live in it.
- Scientific Vastu Shastra | Explained By An Architect
- Scientific Vastu Shastra | Factors That Impact A House
- Scientific Vastu Guidelines | Construction Of A House
If you found this post useful, I would really be happy if you pin it or share it. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post.