WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF BEDROOMS?
- Master Bedroom
- Children’s Bedroom
- Guest Bedroom.
WHAT IS THE IDEAL SIZE AND ARRANGEMENT IN A MASTER BEDROOM?
- With furniture consisting of a Queen size Bed, 2 bedside tables on either side, 4 shutters Closet, a Dressing table, a Dresser or 2 boudoir chairs with coffee table, the Master bedroom will be of a minimum size of 12’0″ x 12’6″
- With furniture consisting of a King size bed, 2 bedside tables on either side, 6 shutters Closet, a dressing table, dresser, 2 chairs with coffee table in between and a desk with chair, the Master Bedroom will be a minimum of 14’0″x 12’6″
WHAT ARE THE IDEAL SIZES AND ARRANGEMENTS IN CHILDREN’S BEDROOMS?
- Single Occupancy Bedroom – will typically have only one single bed With furniture consisting of a single bed and bedside table, study table with chair and 2 shutters closet, will be of a minimum size of 9’0″ x 10’0″ and is generally used by the teenagers and pre-adolescent children (9 to 12 years old) and maybe an elderly person.
- Single Occupancy Bedroom, with furniture consisting of a single bed and bedside table, study table with chair, 4 shutter closet and dresser, will be of a minimum size of 9’0″ x 12’0″
- Double Occupancy Bedroom – will have two single Beds or a bunk bed and is used by preschoolers and school going children of the same sex. It may also be used adults.With furniture consisting of 2 single beds with 2 bedside tables in between, a 4 shutter closet, 2 study tables and a dresser, will be of a minimum size of 14’6″ x 12’0″.
- Double Occupancy Bedroom, having 2 single beds against 2 walls, 2 bedside tables , a 4 shutter closet, 2 study tables and a boudoir chair, will be of a minimum size of 13’0″ x 13’0″.
- Double Occupancy Bedroom- If the two single beds are replaced with a bunk bed then the room width can be reduced by around 2’0″.
The bedroom being a space used for rest, relaxation, reading, writing, working, listening to music, convalescing, sleeping, phoning etc., it needs to have privacy, quiet and peace. It should be well lit and airy and preferably near some green garden etc as the oxygen released by plants is rejuvenating for the occupants. Keeping all this in mind, the location of the Bedroom depends on the Cardinal directions, and the layout of the rest of the house. To get some tips on the best location for Bedrooms, go to:
If you found this post useful, I would really love it if you pin it or share it. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post.
Also, unlike many other sites, I do not insist that your ad blocker be turned off to allow you into my site. This is because I know that my content will be useful to you. But putting up posts regularly takes up time and hard work and I am able to run this site only because of the ads. So I will be much obliged, if you would turn off your ad blocker. Thank you!