House construction is the process of constructing a house. It involves several actions- from the initial clearing of the site to the final house warming ceremony. House construction is undertaken by a contractor and supervised by an Architect.
The process of house construction can become one of the most trying periods in your life if there is no proper guidance, planning and co-ordination. For hassle-free house construction, Vastu Shastra has formulated some guidelines on the ‘design, location, direction, disposition and construction of the interior and exterior spaces of a house’.
SO HOW DOES VASTU SHASTRA ENSURE A SMOOTH HASSLE-FREE CONSTRUCTION?
Vastu Shastra is an ancient, Indian building science which was formulated on the premise that, “man is happiest and healthiest when he is able to derive from the beneficial effects of the surrounding natural elements (like the Sun, wind, air, water, magnetic field and the cardinal directions)”.
To achieve this, Vastu Shastra sets forth rules on planning known as the Vastu Purusha Mandala, gives the house builder a framework for safe and efficient building work and lays down guidelines on everything from the selection of the site, the plan of the house, the choice of materials to the rituals to be followed at each stage of the house construction.
WHAT ARE THE STEP-BY-STEP GUIDELINES FOR HOUSE CONSTRUCTION?
As a practising Architect, I have found that modern ‘architectural science’ and ‘Vastu Shastra’ are very similar sciences. However, the main difference is that there is a touch of religion in Vastu Shastra, in the form of rituals. Even though they are not a part of my professional training, I believe they are beneficial since these rituals have positive psychological effects on the person constructing the house.
Therefore, listed here under the following headings are all the Vastu guidelines that may be useful for you when you embark on your ‘house construction’.
- Scientific Vastu Guidelines | Selecting The Right Site
- Scientific Vastu Guidelines | Designing A House
- Scientific Vastu Guidelines | Bhoomi (Vastu) Pooja
- Scientific Vastu Guidelines | Rituals Before The Start Of Construction
- Scientific Vastu Guidelines | Construction Of A House
- Scientific Vastu Tips For A Strong Construction
- Scientific Vastu Guidelines | Right Colours For A House
- Scientific Vastu Guidelines | House Warming Ritual
- Scientific Vastu Guidelines | Renting Out A House
If you found this post useful, all it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post.
- Vastu Shastra | Explained By An Architect
- Vastu Shastra | Principles For A House
- Vastu Shastra | Factors That Impact A House
- Vastu Guidelines | Designing A House
- Vastu Guidelines | Interiors Of A House
- Vastu Guidelines | Exteriors Of A House
- Vastu Guidelines | Selecting The Right Site
- Vastu Guidelines | Construction Of A House
- Vastu Guidelines | Rituals For A House
- Vastu Guidelines | Non-Residential Buildings
- Remedies For Vastu Defects