The Council of Architecture (COA) an autonomous Statutory Body of the Government of India, has been constituted by the Government of India under the provisions of the Architects Act, 1972, enacted by the Parliament of India, which came into force on 1st September, 1972.
The Council of Architecture is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the Act throughout the country, including Registration of Architects, regulating the Architectural Profession and Architectural Education throughout India, besides maintaining the Register of Architects. For this purpose the Council of Architecture has framed Regulations as provided for in the Architect’s Act, with the approval of the Government of India.
Here, I have briefly summarized the most recent Council of Architecture regulations and guidelines (2009) in simple language, so as to enable you to understand easily all that is expected from an Architect – his educational qualifications, his Services, his Responsibilities, his Professional Fees, the Schedule of payment, his Professional Liability and Architectural Competitions.
- About The Council of Architecture (CoA)
- CoA | Constitution
- CoA | Responsibilities
- CoA | Standards Of Architectural Education – B.Arch
- CoA | Standards Of Architectural Education- M.Arch
- CoA | Architectural Competition Guidelines
- CoA | Architectural Competition Procedure
- CoA | Registration Of Architects
- CoA | Procedure For Registration
- CoA | Architects Professional Conduct
- CoA | Comprehensive Architectural Services
- CoA | Schedule Of Services
- CoA | Architect’s Responsibilities
- CoA | Architect’s Professional Charges
- CoA | Scale Of Charges
- CoA | Schedule Of Payment
- CoA | Architect’s Professional Liability
- CoA | Professional Misconduct
If you found this post useful, I would really love it if you pin it or share it. I have not blocked the site just because your ad blocker is switched on because I hope my content will be useful to you. But I am able to run this site only because of the ads. So I will be obliged if you turn off your ad blocker. Thank you!