The Council of Architecture (COA) an autonomous Statutory Body of the Government of India, has been constituted by the Government of India under the provisions of the Architects Act, 1972, enacted by the Parliament of India, which came into force on 1st September, 1972.
The Council of Architecture is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the Act throughout the country, including Registration of Architects, regulating the Architectural Profession and Architectural Education throughout India, besides maintaining the Register of Architects. For this purpose the Council of Architecture has framed Regulations as provided for in the Architect’s Act, with the approval of the Government of India.
Here, I have briefly summarized the most recent Council of Architecture regulations and guidelines (2009) in simple language, so as to enable you to understand easily all that is expected from an Architect – his educational qualifications, his Services, his Responsibilities, his Professional Fees, the Schedule of payment, his Professional Liability and Architectural Competitions.
ABOUT THE COUNCIL OF ARCHITECTURE IN INDIA
ARCHITECTURAL EDUCATION IN INDIA
REGISTRATION OF ARCHITECTS IN INDIA
ARCHITECTS’ SERVICES IN INDIA
ARCHITECTS’ CHARGES IN INDIA
ARCHITECTS CONDUCT IN INDIA
ARCHITECTURAL COMPETITIONS IN INDIA
- CoA | About The Council Of Architecture In India
- CoA | Constitution Of The CoA In India
- CoA | Responsibilities Of The CoA In India.
ARCHITECTURAL EDUCATION IN INDIA:
- CoA | Standards Of Architectural Education – B.Arch
- CoA | Standards Of Architectural Education- M.Arch.
REGISTRATION OF ARCHITECTS IN INDIA:
- CoA | Registration Of Architects
- CoA | Recognised Architectural Qualifications For Registration
- CoA | Procedure For Registration
- CoA | Procedure for Renewal.
AN ARCHITECT’S SERVICES IN INDIA:
- CoA | Comprehensive Architectural Services
- CoA | Schedule Of Services
- CoA | An Architect’s Responsibilities.
AN ARCHITECT’S CHARGES IN INDIA:
AN ARCHITECT’S CONDUCT IN INDIA:
- CoA | An Architect’s Professional Liability
- CoA | An Architects Professional Conduct
- CoA | Professional Misconduct.
ARCHITECTURAL COMPETITIONS IN INDIA:
If you found this post useful, I would really love it if you pin it or share it. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post.
Also, unlike many other sites, I do not insist that your ad blocker be turned off to allow you into my site. This is because I know that my content will be useful to you. But putting up posts regularly takes up time and hard work and I am able to run this site only because of the ads. So I will be much obliged, if you would turn off your ad blocker. Thank you!